Sunday, March 9, 2008

Empty Blog Locked

So my blog was locked down by Blogger today. Not this one, another. I confess that I got blog greedy after my first blog yesterday, registering quite a few new blog addresses. I know I'm not the only one that has done this, because a lot of the blog names I wanted to try were taken, and the blogs were completely blank.

So I have no idea why my blog was locked. The message I got said

Dear Blogger user,

This is a message from the Blogger team.

Your blog, at http://xxxxx.blogspot.com/, has been identified as a potential spam blog. For an explanation of what spam blogs are, please see Blogger Help: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42577

You will not be able to publish posts to your blog until we review your site and confirm that it is not a spam blog. To request a review, please fill out the form found here: http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=xxxxx

It is not against the terms to register multiple blogs. The blog is completely nakedly empty. I haven't blogged a single post! Go figure. Now I can't put up new postings, change settings, delete the blog, or anything. I have to wait for the blogger staff to review the blog (should be easy, since it's empty) to make sure that I am not spam robot. Oh well, I wasn't going to get around to get that started for a while, but it still drives me a little neurotic. Anyone else had this problem?

I did some searches on how long it takes to get blog unlocked, and have heard anything from 4 days to weeks. So it could be a while. If you've ever had this happen to you, talk about frustrating.

No comments: