Monday, March 10, 2008

Multiple Empty, Blank Blogs Locked on Blogger

So I went a little blogger crazy the last few days and registered more than a handful of blogspot names on blogger. Most of the blogs are empty, and are awaiting content. Well, Blogger's spam-detection bot just locked many of the blogs I registered, identifying them as spam. Except they are empty ... completely blank! What gives?

I know blogger (more likely Google) has to work to avoid spamming blogs. I've actually found a few spam blogs just from doing some searches on google's blogsearch, nobody wants to see the internet filled with spam, especially not Google, since it makes it hard for their search algorithms. But it seems like empty blogs that were recently started should not set off any flags. There's no SPAM, they are empty!

I wasn't going to post onto the locked blogs for a while, so it's not a huge inconvenience, but it's definitely annoying.

No comments: